The city of Sydney famously hosts some of Australia’s most iconic landmarks, the Sydney Harbour Bridge and the Sydney Opera House. Sydney is home to a vibrant creative arts culture, with regular theatre performances and comedic events hosted throughout the year.
It’s also home to vast national parks, central botanic gardens, Taronga Zoo and famous beaches including Bondi beach.
The campus itself is purpose built for creative media education and is located centrally in Chippendale, within easy walking distance from central station, Broadway Shopping Centre and the city circle loop. Here you will have access to world class restaurants from every corner of the world, local pubs, bars and clubs and be able to explore Sydney’s famous darling harbour.
There are a number of off-campus accommodation options if you choose to study in Sydney. Students who are moving to Sydney often stay in a hotel, hostel/guesthouse, or nearby student accommodation when they first arrive. Many students then move into shared rental accommodation when they are more familiar with the city and surrounding areas.
local_atmEstimated Weekly Expenses
Campus & Facilities
Centrally located, SAE Sydney is part of the city’s thriving and vibrant arts and cultural community. The campus boasts a large and diverse student community and a staff of dedicated, knowledgeable professionals committed to best-practice teaching and learning.
SAE Sydney offers you:
- One-on-one attention and collaborative learning opportunities
- Industry standard equipment and facilities
- Specialist master classes
- An active and welcoming Student Representative Council
- Strong ties to IGDA, the peak games development body
- State-of-the-art campus set across 7 levels in the vibrant arts and cultural community
- Premium industry consoles including the Neve Custom Series 75
- Seven Audio Control rooms
- Seven Live recording rooms
- Two Audio Post rooms
- Two dedicated mixing rooms
- Five Film Editing Suites, including specialised Colour Grading Suite
- Film studio with cyclorama soundstage – the ‘Wonder Room’
- Professional standard premium camera equipment
- Nine Mac and PC computer labs with the latest creative media softwareLatest Virtual Reality HeadSets for 3D gaming
- Professional standard design and animation equipment including Wacom graphics tablets
- Game platforms and peripherals such as Android and iOS touch devices, Oculus Rift kits, Samsung VR, multiple gamepad controllers available for projects
- UnrealEngine 4, Unity, C++, Maya, Visual Studio software games, FMOD Studio for Game Audio
- Adobe Creative Suite and Autodesk Suite for Design, Animation & Games student
- Fully Equipped student lounge with a large kitchen
- Full floor open plan Student Collaboration area
- Several Study Areas and study rooms throughout the campus
- 65 seat Lecture Theatre
- Fully-stocked library of physical and electronic collections
- Energy Groove Digital Radio Station