Venture to Melbourne and discover a city with a dynamic arts scene and eclectic night scene – full of tantalising tasty food and oversupply of iconic laneways and parks to venture into.
Known for its sophisticated chic and urban design, Melbourne offers a variety of open gardens to explore and a strong sporting culture to follow.
Gritty urban laneways are waiting to be discovered during warm dry summers and there is a huge variety of museums and galleries are open to explore during those cool crisp winters.
From strolling through historic St Kilda,cruising along the picturesque Great Ocean Road to the buzz of the MCG stadium during Football season -Melbourne truly is a four season experience.
There are a number of off-campus accommodation options if you choose to study in Perth .Students who are moving to Perth often stay in a hotel, hostel/guesthouse, or nearby student accommodation when they first arrive. Many students then move into shared rental accommodation when they are more familiar with the city and surrounding areas.
Estimated Weekly Expenses
SAE Melbourne boasts state-of-the-art facilities and a teaching team with outstanding professional and educational expertise ready to help you become an industry-ready graduate.
SAE Melbourne campus offers you:
- A large, well-resourced campus
- A supportive and welcoming staff and student community
- Collaborative work opportunities, experiences and events
- Outstanding professional development opportunities including an 80 hour internship built into the course
- Maximum access to facilities with the campus open till midnight everyday
- 35+ years investment in industry leading education facilities
- Nine audio studios including Neve
- Three state-of-the-art edit suites
- Designated Mastering Suite
- Latest digital media programs and equipment
- Four introductory level analogue & digital recording studios
- 360sqm acoustically treated multipurpose sound stage for use across all streams
- Three high-end large format recording studios using the Audient ASP 8024, Neve Genesys and AVID S6
- AVID S6 dual purpose studio for post-production and recording with red-net ethernet based recording interfaces
- Nine after-hours iMac computer labs with latest creative media software
- Large green screen recording space
- Multipurpose lecture theatre
- Fully stocked Library with quiet study area, collaborative study area and resource centre
- Professional standard film equipment including the SONY PMW-F5, 4x FS7’s, Steadicam and much more
- Oculus Rift virtual reality headsets for 3D gaming
- Unreal, Unity, C++, Maya, Visual Studio software games
- Protools, Abelton software for Audio
- Adobe Creative Suite and Autodesk Suite for Design, Animation & Games students
- AVID, After Effects & DaVinci Resolve for Film Students
- Creative learning space
- Student common room and kitchen