Byron Bay is Australia’s most eastern destination and famed for its pristine white beaches, creative local community, surf loving culture and natural beauty and wildlife, with national parks, hiking and an array of aquatic activities available on your doorstep.
Located only 40 minutes from the Gold Coast and 2 hours from Brisbane, Byron Bay is easily accessible with airport transfers available from Gold Coast International or Ballina Airports.
Our campus is located centrally off the main road into Byron Bay and only 5-minute drive from the town centre, which hosts a wide variety of restaurants, boutiques and community green spaces and only a 10-minute walk to the beach.
SAE Byron Bay is the only SAE campus in Australia to offer purpose built on-campus accommodation. Nestled amongst landscaped rainforest gardens, the accommodation is located adjacent to the main teaching and learning hub.
The accommodation facilities include:
- Single or shared rooms with communal kitchen, dining room, bathroom and laundry amenities.
- Dedicated recreational area with free Wi-Fi access.
If you’d like to learn more about our accommodation options and availability, or to apply, please contact:
local_atmEst. Weekly Expenses
Campus & Facilities
The Byron Bay campus boasts state-of-the-art facilities and a dedicated team of industry professionals who are passionate about helping you unleash your creative potential.
Byron Bay offers you:
- A purpose-built campus set against a background of lush sub-tropical gardens just 5 mins from town
- Excellent academic and student support services to help you achieve your personal best
- Smaller class sizes with more access to our team of industry-experienced and passionate lecturers
- A range of world-leading creative media teaching and learning opportunities, including a hands-on, studio-based approach to best prepare you for a creative career
- Secure and affordable on-campus student accommodation
- Outstanding professional development opportunities through internships with Byron Bay Bluesfest, Byron Bay Writers’ Festival, Mullum Music Festival, Byron Bay Falls Festival and more
- 10 large digital and analog recording studios all with live spaces plus a dedicated mastering suite
- Flagship SSL Duality recording Studio 1 with two large live spaces and two isolation booths, 5.1 surround sound and an electronic music production (EMP) suite. Studio 2 includes a flexible workflow space equipped with a control room and two live spaces, home to our unique Producer-in Residence program
- Premium industry consoles including the SSL Duality, SSL 9000K and the Custom Series 75 console powered by Neve EMP MIDI suite featuring the Prophet 08, Roland JV 1080, Ableton Push and the Roland System 1m modular synth
- Live sound equipment featuring the Yamaha LS9 digital console
- Professional standard digital film cameras including Sony’s PMW range, the new Sony PXW-FS7 and the RED Scarlet
- Large green screen studio (offsite) with movable sets
- Small insert studio with cyc, blacks and set lighting
- Two online and two offline edit suites and one hot-desk edit suite with latest film post-production software
- Lecture theatre / film theatrette with cinema seating and 7.1 surround sound
- Professional standard design and animation equipment including Wacom graphics tablets
- Fully-stocked library with bookable study area
- Ritchie’s Tuckshop serving healthy food and great coffee plus lunchtime tunes